Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Samuel 1:27

My grandparents came in to town to visit the night of June 10th. They arrived in town late that Monday evening, so we made plans to meet up the next morning. Tuesday morning (June 11th) I woke up feeling very ill. My grandparents arrived at our apartment shortly before 9am and I did not want to be a pain and complain about the way I was feeling. Instead, I ignored the way I was feeling and we made plans to drive to Tombstone, AZ. 

We hopped in the car and drove the three hours it takes to get to Tombstone - where it was also pushing 110 degrees. Tombstone is a historic western town deep in the desert, so there is a lot of walking and site-seeing in extreme temperatures. I was getting worse as the day went on, but kept trucking on. At one point, a women who worked at one of the historic buildings looked at me and asked "Are you okay? You look pale." I just smiled and said I was fine, but I was getting worse.

We eventually ended up in a building that had air conditioning and we purchased bottles of water. After several hours of making our way through the tourist trap, we got in the car and made the drive back to Phoenix. After eating supper at Burger King, I felt much better and thought that maybe I was just hungry.

The next morning, I woke up quickly and ran to the bathroom where I threw up. I was immediately irritated that I couldn't decide if it was an endo-related vomit or if the heat had gotten to me from the day before. Still, we had plans to meet up with my grandparents again and we drove to their hotel. I took a shower, and pushed on. 

After talking for several moments, we decided to drive the Apache trail and see some of the lookout points. On one of the lookout points, we had to walk 500 feet to see the view - either the walk was more than 500 feet or I was just too sick to handle it, because I felt that I could pass out. Walking back to the car, I was so nauseous and weak I almost wondered if I would pass out. 

I hopped in my grandparents rental car and took a nap. I slept most of the drive that I had been so excited to see (and the views were breath-taking). I also took two anti-nausea pills that were not taking the edge off. Something was really wrong but I did not want to ruin my grandparents first trip to Phoenix, so I ignored the symptoms.

Fast forward two days, after my grandparents had left. I called in to work, because my nausea was out of control. I did not know what was wrong with me. After several days of misery, I realized that I needed to go to the Emergency Room.

At the emergency room, I was immediately given a room where a doctor heard all of my symptoms and medical history. The doctor told me that they wanted to give me a pregnancy test, but I did not think anything of it.

Until....

The doctor came in to tell me that my urine test was positive for pregnancy. She told me that she was going to send me to ultrasound to see the baby. I was in a state of shock, then my husband looked at me and smiled. That is when the tears began to flow.

I was a woman, with endometriosis, a blocked fallopian tube and a short supply of eggs who had been trying to conceive for five years. I had began to accept that it was never going to happen, but there I was. 

Getting my first ultrasound on 6-14-2013 to see my baby. 

Our baby. 




I was able to see our baby and hear our little one's heartbeat. It was the most amazing sound ever. 

So there you have it, the infertile woman behind Hello Endo is pregnant. 7 weeks to be exact. I could not be happier. 

The reason for 5 days of nausea was morning sickness - I am officially a mommy.

xo Heather 

For this child I prayed (I Samuel 1:27)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a lovely entry! I'm so happy for you. Shame that you're feeling so sick, but I'm sure it'll pass quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats I'm so glad your symptoms turned out to be a good thing. I feel I have given up hope cause I've been trying for 4yrs and have only very mild endo with my eggs and tubes fine yet its still heartbreaking. I am so pleased for you hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing!! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...